Find out where Dundee took these inspiring women
Published on 28 February 2020
Inspirational members of the University of Dundee community will next week share the ups and downs of their working lives at a free public event held as part of Dundee Women's Festival 2020
Inspirational members of the University of Dundee community will next week share the ups and downs of their working lives at a free public event held as part of Dundee Women's Festival 2020.
‘Where Dundee Took Me: Career Tales of Staff and Graduates’ will take place at the University’s Dalhousie Building at 2pm on Wednesday 4 March. It is one of several University-led events in this year’s Festival programme.
Panellists who have gone on to make waves in their professional lives will be talking about their achievements and the role Dundee played in their successes. They are:
- Dr Sarah Martins Da Silva, Senior Lecturer in Reproductive Medicine at the University and one of the influential women from around the world selected for the BBC 100 Women 2019 list.
- Dr Mhairi Towler, Founder and Director of animation production company Vivomotion.
- Sandra Ireland, author of three acclaimed novels and a graduate of Dundee’s MLitt in Writing Practice and Study course.
- Wendy Maltman, Founder and Creative Director of The Malting House Design Studio and a mentor for growing businesses.
- Vered Hopkins, Lead Officer Protecting People (with responsibility for Substance Misuse and Humanitarian Protection) at Dundee City Council.
- Pamela Milne, Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development at the University.
One of the event organisers Aimee Cuthbert, of the University’s Development and Alumni Relations Office, said, “Our alumni are the University’s biggest ambassadors and, along with our staff, can really tell the public and current students where a Dundee education can take you.
“The alumni and staff that have agreed to take part have inspiring stories to tell that fit in well with the theme of this year’s Dundee Women’s Festival – Women Making Waves. We have enjoyed working with Student Services to put on an event that will hopefully inspire women both at the University and in the wider community.”
Senior Public Affairs Officer
+44 (0)1382 384768G.Hill@dundee.ac.uk