Teaching and assessment for International Petroleum Taxation and Finance (distance learning) LLM
Your modules and reading materials are available online, and you will receive a study guide and a core reading book.
A team of distance learning academic staff and tutors will support you in:
- using the full range of learning guides and tools
- questions relating to particular issues in the field of study
- preparation of assessments and research papers
- feedback on assessments and research papers
Each module will be assessed by either:
- a written exam and research paper (most modules are assessed in this way). The exam and research paper are each worth 50% of your total mark.
- a written exam and case studies. The exam is worth either 60% or 70% and the case studies are worth either 40% or 30% of your total mark respectively.
Your compulsory choice module will be assessed by either:
- a dissertation between 10,000 to 15,000 words on a topic approved by your academic supervisor
- an internship report - where you find an organisation willing to offer you a work placement (for 2 months), that is approved by your academic supervisor. You will also have to write an intellectual report of minimum 10,000 words.
If you have any questions about the admissions process, studying, or living in Dundee, please contact us