Book a 60 minute webinar with our recruitment team to find out why postgraduate study in Dundee might be right for you
Forensic Odontology MFOdont
Develop your forensic odontology skills through case studies
Dundee City Campus
Forensic odontology deals with the examination, handling and presentation of dental evidence for the legal system.
You will develop your knowledge, experience and skills in forensic dentistry, and in aspects of forensic medicine, law and research.
You will study:
- dental identification and profiling
- disaster victim identification
- age estimation from dental sources
- dental report writing and giving evidence
- limitations of bite mark identification
- bite mark analysis according to ABFO Standards and Guidelines for Evaluating Bitemarks
- preparation of a research paper suitable for publication
Studying alongside students in forensic medicine and law means you will gain an understanding of the role of other forensic disciplines and identify when, where and how forensic dentistry links with the wider forensic community.
You'll develop your forensic dentistry skills through practical experience, assisting with identifications of human remains. This will make you aware of the complexity involved in the examination of a person's body after death.
Questions? Need help?
Contact our applicant enquiry team