Dr Suzanne Fifield
University of Dundee School of Business, School of Business
+44 (0)1382 385148
1-3 Perth Road
Suzanne Fifield is a Senior Lecture in Finance in the School. After graduating Bachelor of Accountancy with First Class Honours from the University of Dundee in 1994, she then achieved a Masters degree in Accounting & Finance from the London School of Economics and Political Science in 1995. She returned to the University of Dundee to pursue her doctoral studies and was awarded a PhD in 1999. She attained the position of Senior Lecturer in 2007.
- Director of Taught Postgraduate Extension Degrees
- Taught Postgraduate Examinations Officer
- Taught Postgraduate Extension Degree Admissions Officer
- Taught Postgraduate Degree Dissertation and Project Co-Ordinator
- Finance Stream Co-Ordinator
- Advisor of Studies to Undergraduate students
- Module Organiser - Advanced Financial Management
- Module Organiser - International Capital Markets
- Module Organiser - Emerging Financial Markets and Investment
- Module Organiser - Global Risk Analysis
Ad hoc reviewer for Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, Accounting and Business Research, Applied Financial Economics Letters, Eastern Economic Review, Economic Systems, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, European Journal of Finance, International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, International Review of Economics and Finance, Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Journal of Asian Economics, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Managerial Finance, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance and Studies in Economics and Finance.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Summary of research expertise
- Emerging economies
- Stock market efficiency
- International portfolio diversification
- International accounting
T.M.Dunne, S.G.M.Fifield, A.M.Fox, G.M.Hannah, C.V.Helliar and D.M.Power (with M.Veneziani, University of Brescia, Italy): "The Introduction of International Financial Reporting Standards: An Analysis of their Impact on the Usage and Content of Company Financial Statements", ICAS, £16,750, (11/05), 2 years.
S.G.M.Fifield, C.V.Helliar and L.A.Stevenson (with A.Dhanani): "Interest Rate Risk Management", CIMA, £8,500, (3/02), 18 months.
- Intermediate Financial Management
- Advanced Financial Management
- International Capital Markets
- Portfolio Management
- Research Methods for Accountants
- Emerging Financial Markets and Investment
- Global Risk Analysis
- Research Methodology and Methods