1-3 Perth Road
Lecturer and Researcher with over twenty five years teaching experience at all levels. Skilled and experienced CIMA qualified Management Accountant with an extensive and broad commercial and public sector background. Experience gained from dynamic organisations in the UK and Australia.
- Experience in leading, delivering and organising courses at University and College level
- Extensive experience in supervising Masters and Final year dissertation students
- PhD Doctorate Student Final Stages, Analysing Effective Management Accounting Training for SMEs
- Ongoing enterprise and research activity experience
- Strong core Management Accountant skills
- Strong Financial Modeling skills using Excel and dedicated software, specializing in Sage 50 Accounts
- Excellent analytical skills including; product and customer profit modeling, Pricing analysis, process improvement analysis, Capex analysis, financial and non-financial KPI calculation and tracking with summary recommended actions, margin analysis, cost control investigations, new business opportunity appraisals, risk analysis
- Strong technical financial skills backed up with astute commercial awareness and clear communication techniques to all levels
Areas of expertise
- Financial Information Systems
- Financial Management Strategy
- Effective Online Management Accounting Training
I am on the active research stage of my PhD project and are currently analysed and interpreted early result data. I have reported preliminary findings in some conference papers and a couple of minor publications, but I am not established researcher. My research is on effective management accounting training for SMEs focussing on online delivery. This is applied research and I have combined this with enterprise project work within my current position.
I have presented at several conferences on the themes and preliminary results of my research and published in several professional journals, magazines and blogs.
- Health, Welfare and Education
I have extensive teaching experience including module leadership and module development. These include the development of Financial Information Systems module delivered for the last four years with Excel and Sage 50 Accounts at the heart of the module with students undertaking external accredited qualifications in these disciplines as well as project work using IT software.
I have also run the CIMA strategic case study project for Masters students who had full exemptions for the CIMA qualification study the accredited Masters course.
I have supervised undergraduate and post graduate dissertation students for five years.
I developed new Business Accounting Masters level module for 2021 launch to be delivered as a hybrid face to face online module.
With lockdown, I have organised and delivered my modules online with full Moodle intensive resources and interactive use of MS Teams. I have had experience of delivering lessons online with Zoom as well.
I have also been a secondary school teacher for six years and a Further Education College Lecturer for four years. Both very rewarding experiences in many ways