+44 (0)1382 384626
I have more than 25 years’ experience teaching Spanish at the University of Dundee. My main objective is that the students develop a passion for the language and the culture of Spanish speaking countries. My methodology includes the use of: audio-visuals, music, cinema, online material, social media and any resources which help the students to immerse themselves in the language. Part of this has involved me writing a book AMIGOS 1Course book and AMIGOS 1 Activity book (Spanish for beginners) which draws from my 25 years plus of experience teaching Spanish.
- 2010 MA in “Lingüística y Formación de Profesores de Español como Lengua Extranjera”
- 2008-2010 Master in Formación Profesores de Español como Lengua Extranjera (studying)
- 2004 Computer-Aided Assessment Online Certificate
- 2000 TOEFL certificate.
- 1988 Neighbourhood English Teaching, R.S.A. certificate E.S.L
- 1982 University undergraduate equivalent to B.Sc. Chemistry.
- 1991-present: Part-time Lecturer in Spanish, University of Dundee
- 1993-1994 Part-time tutor in Spanish University of Abertay, Dundee.
- 1988-1989 Part-time tutor in Spanish. Taught intensive one-to- one Spanish classes for business people. Berlitz School, Edinburgh
- 1984-1985 Biology, physics and chemistry teacher in secondary school at the Mexican College