Lissa is a Reader in Management in the School of Business.
An English graduate, she has a PhD in Audit Education and continues to undertake research in Skills Acquisition and transition to Employment, as well as embedding digital skills into the curriculum. Lissa supervises PhD's in various business educational aspects
Her teaching is in Governance and Business Ethics and sustainability Several of her PhD's students are researching in the areas of sustainable business, and business ethics & governance.
More recently Lissa, a keen Dundee Stars ice hockey fan, has developed an interest in Sports leadership, and co-teaches on Managing and Leading in Sports. Lissa is keen to expand her research in this area.
Areas of expertise
- Graduate skills acquisition
- Educational transitions
- Sustainable and ethical business
- Sports leadership
- L. Crawford, K. Falgi, C. Helliar, E Monk, C. Teodori, M.Veneziani, S. Wanyama. IAAER/ACCA International accounting education standards. IAAER/ACCA Grant Program for Research on International Accounting Education Standards - 25,000 dollars (2008/10)
- M. Mina, EA Monk, CV Helliar, Corporate Governance developments in the Latin American Andean region, ICAS Seedcorn Grant, 2008
- C V Helliar, E A Monk, L A Stevenson (with C Allison, St Andrews University), "Investigating Auditing Skills in an Internet Environment", ICAS, £ 8,450, 2001-2004
- Health, Welfare and Education
- Markets and Governance
Impact and Knowledge Exchange
My PhD and research on Accounting Education was part of a REF case study for 2014
Lissa currently teaches Managing and Leading in Sports, and Stakeholder Management and Business Ethics.
Previously Lissa has taught Strategic Management and Leadership, Rethinking Leadership; Operations Management, Digital Business and Innovation and Corporate Governance
Lissa also manages the Summer Projects, Consultancies and Internships for the conversion MScs