Applied French 2B (Intensive) module (PF22002)
This Applied Intensive module is available for students who took the Applied Intensive module at level 1 in this language.
All language modules focus on practical communication skills and further develop grammatical competence emphasising the four skills of reading, listening, writing and speaking. You will recognise and apply competently basic lexical and grammatical structures, use a bilingual dictionary effectively and be able to read, understand and summarise the main points of basic and increasingly complex written texts and complex spoken messages in a variety of situations. You will conduct an independent investigation and project work, deepen your awareness of contemporary societies, cultures, customs and conventions and understand the wider European historical, geographical and socio-political context. You will also increase your ability to make informed cross-culture comparisons in a European context and build up cultural awareness and intercultural competence.
This module will develop further the knowledge and skills introduced in the Applied 2A Intensive module.
- Formal grammar
- Listening comprehension, note taking and contextualised summary
- Individual written project
- Investigative and interviewing skills and analysis of findings
- Skills of oral presentation and persuasion
- Topic areas include environment and tourism, media and publicity, historical events and political structures.