Private International Law (Common Law Perspectives) module (LW51133)
The aim of this module is to provide advanced instruction in several key aspects of private international and procedural law that are of particular relevance to civil and commercial litigation in a European and International context.
Examples of content
- Principles of Jurisdiction –a comparison between English and US traditional rules
- Principles of Jurisdiction –the doctrine of Forum Non Conveniens in the UK, US & Australia
- Principles of Jurisdiction –the role of the anti-suit injunction in the UK and the US
- Common Law Jurisdiction vs CivilianPrinciples of Jurisdiction
- The Hague Conference Judgments Project