PGDE(P/S) Developing Practice module (ED42075)
In this module, students develop knowledge, skills, and understanding in line with the GTCS Standards for Provisional Registration through engagement with theory related to interdisciplinary learning, curricular development, and inclusive practices.
Aims specific to this module
- enable students to continue to engage with the main areas of the relevant curricula to ensure their competence in planning which reflects relevant principles and theories of education
- enable students to gain an understanding of their responsibilities in respect of interdisciplinary learning and curricular development
- gain a critical understanding of inclusive practice to meet the needs of individual learners and enable them to reach their potential
- enable students to engage critically with scholarly reading and research to further inform their practice
- prepare students to critically reflect on their practice to evaluate their effectiveness and take responsibility for their continuing professional development.