Dental Public Health module (DS51008)
The Dental Public Health Module comprises of Dental Public Health, Behavioural Sciences for Dental Public Health and Oral Health Promotion. It aims to introduce students to the techniques applicable to the practice of Dental Public Health; critical evaluation of current practice and new methods; critical examination of behavioural sciences and oral health promotion as they related to public health policy and strategy.
- Evaluation of national and local oral health care policies, national health care systems.
- The principles of evidence-based dentistry.
- The determinants of oral health-directed and oral health-related behaviours.
- Introduction to behaviour change models and their application to health promotion.
- Planning and executing an evidence-based oral health strategy using WHO oral health and health policies for national country.
- Using appropriate methods to devise an oral health strategy road map.
This module is available on following courses: