Business Analytics Project module (BU52054)
This module is an independent research task which summarises a variety of analytical tasks that would be performed by an analyst within the business sector.
You will write a report based upon the professional needs of business, as if you were a business analyst. You will select a theme and investigate independently. This will require undertaking a critical review of the literature applying concepts learned in other modules to complete your report.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- develop skills in data collection, cleaning and transformation for analysis
- plan and manage a project based on a research objective
- apply knowledge of statistical techniques and predictive modelling to inform business decisions
- visualise data using graphs and dashboards
- explore the ethical and legal implications of working with data and compliance needs
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- improved your skills in data analytics
- discuss its applications and implications in businesses
- understand the role of analysts in modern businesses
- apply relevant techniques to the data
- propose the implementation of decisions based on the data
Assignments / assessment
- 7,500 words
This module does not have a final exam.
Teaching methods / timetable
You should expect weekly lectures, these will be recorded to use for revision. You will also have in-person tutorials and be expected to have completed the reading and tasks in preparation of contributing to the class.
For this module, the exact dates of teaching and/or reading weeks are to be confirmed.
This module is available on following courses: