Human Resource Management Strategies module (BU51018)
Develop practical people management skills that align with business strategy. Drive organisational success through effective human resources (HR) practices.
Embark on a transformative journey in Human Resource Management strategies, designed to propel your international HR career. This comprehensive module equips you with practical skills aligned with global business strategies, ensuring your success in the dynamic HR landscape.
Throughout the course, you will explore fundamental concepts and theoretical models of Human Resource Management, examining their integration with business strategies.
What you will learn
In this module you will learn:
- fundamental HR concepts: gain insights into key HR principles and theoretical models, examining their integration with business strategies
- HR planning: learn effective techniques for strategic workforce planning to meet organisational objectives
- recruitment and selection: master the art of attracting and selecting top talent across international markets
- performance appraisal and management: develop skills to assess and enhance employee performance, driving individual and organizational growth
- human resource development: explore strategies for nurturing employee skills and capabilities, and fostering a learning culture
- remuneration (rewards management): understand the design and implementation of reward systems to motivate and retain talent
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- acquire a profound understanding of Strategic Human Resource Management principles and practices
- develop subject-specific practical and intellectual skills, allowing you to explain the relationships between HR elements and organisational performance
- be able to effectively apply HRM concepts and skills to analyse, assess, and address practical people management issues and provide professional recommendations
- be able to evaluate the effectiveness of various HR practices and their impact on individuals and organisations
Assignments / assessment
- short assignment (30%)
- coursework (70%)
This module does not have a final exam.
Teaching methods / timetable
You will learn by taking a flipped classroom approach. This will involve reading materials before attending lectures and seminars in preparation for leading the learning in the classroom.
Learning material is provided through reading materials, videos, microlearning content, and case studies.
|1||Introduction to Strategic HRM|
HR Planning and Workforce Analysis
Strategic workforce planning
|3||Recruitment and Selection Strategies|
|4||Performance Appraisal and Management|
|5||Human Resource Development|
|7||Strategic Employee Relations|
|8||HR Metrics and Analytics|
Contemporary Issues in Strategic HRM
Emerging trends and challenges
This module is available on following courses: