Operations Management and Change module (BU51008)
Operations Management and Change covers the strategic planning, design, execution, and improvement of an organisation's processes and activities.
Operations Management and Change covers the strategic planning, design, execution, and improvement of an organisation's processes and activities. Learn how to optimise resources, processes, and systems to achieve business goals and adapt to change.
In this module you will explore the vital role of operations management across diverse industries and delve into essential topics such as Operations Strategy, Quality Management, and Project Management. Gain a critical appreciation of operational-level management processes, empowering you to tackle complex challenges and add value effectively.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- learn about operations strategy
- explore quality management
- use project management tools
- gain a critical appreciation of operational level management processes
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- identify relevant and credible resources, applying them in the analysis of management issues
- evaluate models of Operations Management for different organisational types
- deconstruct transformation processes and outputs
- analyse the impact of change on organizations and employees
Assignments / assessment
Reflective journal (30%)
- individual reflective journal on simulation group work, highlighting the performance of the firm in profitability and sustainability
Individual report (70%)
- An individual final report will include engagement with the academic literature as well as the practical cases in operations management
This module does not have a final exam.
Teaching methods / timetable
You should expect weekly lectures and tutorials as well as workshops to allow you a chance to use the simulation software.
There are 11 weeks of teaching. For this module, the exact dates of teaching and/or reading weeks are to be confirmed.
This module is available on following courses: