Business Management Internship Module module (BU22009)
Take part in a 30-hour internship alongside timetabled classes where you can enhance your employability skills and improve your career planning.
The aim of this module is to enhance your employability and digital literacy skills through reflecting on and gathering evidence of learning from an internship placement and by acquiring skills and knowledge to help you plan your career effectively.
It is important to graduate from university with more than just a degree, however it is not always easy to find time in a busy student calendar to gain appropriate work experience.
You will take part in a 30-hour work experience placement in either a university-sourced or self-sourced organisation. This module provides time in the academic calendar to complete the placement without it interfering with other modules or part-time work.
The Business Management Internship Module is led by the Careers Service, and will provide work experience alongside university study to further enhance employability and help you plan for your future.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- be given the opportunity to add to your CV during the semester while building transferable skills
- learn how to relate key employability concepts directly to your future career journey
- explore current developments in the graduate employability landscape
- set meaningful personal and professional goals to aid your career development
By the end of the module you will be able to:
- analyse employer requirements and be able to articulate your skills and experience related to these
- effectively demonstrate your professional skills in a work environment
- critically reflect on the learning activities and experiences from your internship
- create an individual learning plan to identify meaningful personal and professional goals
Assignments / assessment
Completion of the 30-hour internship is required to pass this module.
- Skills Framework Audit and Internship Placement Goal Setting 1,000 words (40%)
- Internship Report 2,000 words (45%)
- Business Management Internship Module Hourly Log (15%)
This module does not have a final exam.
Alongside your internship, there are also:
- on-demand content on My Dundee
You will also be encouraged to engage with the Careers Service throughout to discuss any ongoing questions about your developing employability skills.
This module is available on following courses: