Connect to SonicWall Mobile Connect VPN app on phone or tablet
Updated on 9 December 2020
How to install and use the VPN to get remote access to secure services on your mobile device. The VPN is only for use when off campus.
Find out when you need to use it before connecting as many of our services no longer require the VPN
Download the app
The app is available in the: Google Play Store, Apple App Store, Windows Store, Chrome Web Store, and in Amazon Apps for Kindle.
- Search for the SonicWall Mobile Connect app in your App Store
- Install the app on your phone or tablet
- Go into the app and configure it using the connection information below
- Go to Settings in the app to adjust the default connection settings so they meet your needs
After you've installed the app, go into it and turn the VPN on whenever you want to use it. Remember to turn it off when finished.
- Name: UoD VPN
- Server: uod.vpn.dundee.ac.uk
- Log in to (Realm): Dundee University
Enter your login details (full username including @dundee.ac.uk) when asked.
If you have a username that doesn’t include your ID number (students) or end with a number (staff), make sure you enter it correctly.
Disconnect from the VPN
Remember to disconnect from the VPN when you have finished using it.