Update your saved network password on macOS
Updated on 7 July 2023
macOS will remember your login details, but will not prompt you to update them, even if your login fails
This means when you change your password you can lose your access to the wifi or wired network.
Update your saved password
- Press ⌘ and space on your keyboard to open Spotlight Search.
- Type Keychain Access and press enter to open the application.
- Make sure login is selected in the left-hand pane, scroll down through the items in the central pane until you find the entry with the name Network (which also has 802.1X Password in the second column).
- With the network item selected, press the backspace key on the keyboard then select Delete when prompted.
- Restart your computer then log back in.
- Once logged in you should then see a fresh prompt to authenticate
If you have a username that doesn’t include your ID number (students) or end with a number (staff), make sure you enter it correctly.