Travel from Aberdeen Airport
Dundee is approximately 70 miles from Aberdeen Airport, and can be reached by taxi, train, or bus
Many travel companies are running a reduced service due to the coronavirus pandemic.
There are additional rules when using public transport:
- wear a face covering on all public transport
- respect social distancing, some seats may not be in use
- use contactless or mobile payments where possible
- follow any further instructions from travel companies
Rules or laws in Scotland may differ from those in other parts of the UK.
Travel to Dundee by bus
There are direct buses from Aberdeen to Dundee throughout the day. Aberdeen Bus Station is located in the city centre (about seven miles from the airport).
Travel to Aberdeen city centre
Buses operated by First and Stagecoach Bluebird run to the city centre. Get off at the bus station which is opposite the railway station. Evening and weekend buses are less frequent, so check the airport website for details. The fare is £3.50 (service 727).
A taxi from Aberdeen Airport to the city will cost approximately £23 depending on the time of day. These are available from outside the terminal.
Travel to Dundee
There are regular buses from Aberdeen Bus Station to Dundee Bus Station. The Stagecoach X7 runs between 07:15 and 19:20 and the journey takes approximately 2 hours and 40 mins. The cost of a standard single fare from Aberdeen to Dundee is approximately £12. You pay the driver in cash as you board the bus.
Megabus buses to Dundee must be booked in advance from their website and can be cheaper, however if you miss the bus you have booked you cannot use your ticket on a later journey and will have to pay again.
Travel to Dundee by train
Due to a train derailment at Stonehaven on 12 August, there are currently no trains running between Aberdeen and Dundee. Network Rail have not announced a date for reopening this line.
Travel to Dundee by taxi
Taxis are available outside the airport terminal – there is a fixed fare to Dundee which is approximately £160. This option is the quickest, but most expensive method of transport. If there are two or more students travelling together this may provide a cost-effective option.
On arrival in Dundee
- taxis are available outside the railway and bus stations
- fare is £5 - £8 to city campus
- let the taxi driver know the name of your accommodation (Belmont, Heathfield, Seabraes, or West Park) as they know the quickest routes to each
- you can also call the taxi company TeleTaxis on: +44 (0)1382 825825 or freephone +44 (0)800 123 4444.