Replace a lost or worn out ID card

Updated on 7 July 2023

What to do if you need a replacement student or staff ID card or want to change your photo

On this page

For a replacement student or staff ID card, please go to the Enquiry Centre.

Cost of replacement cards

The cost of the card depends on the reason for replacement:

  • damaged, worn out or broken ID cards – £15. This is usually free for staff when their card has worn out after years of use
  • expired cards – free (you will need to hand in the expired ID card with the same barcode as we have in our system)
  • lost or stolen ID cards – we will replace these for free as long as you have a Crime Reference Number or Lost Property Reference Number from the police. If you do not have one of these you will have to pay £15
  • change your photo – if you want to change the photo on your ID it will cost £15
  • change your name - we will do this for free when you provide your name change documentation

You can pay by Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, or Google Pay. We do not accept cash or American Express.


Enquiry Centre

+44 (0)1382 381900

From Registry
Guide category Student support