Book a teaching or meeting room
Updated on 21 April 2022
Staff can use the resource booker to book teaching or meeting room outside of central timetabled events
University staff can use the resource booker tool to:
- Search for available rooms by room size, location of the building, dates/times, and AV/IT requirements.
- Make a booking request.
- Manage the bookings of any space of which they have control (SSOC initially, others to follow).
If you have any module-based teaching requests, see Central Timetabling information.
Cancelling your booking
- Log in to Resource Booker, then click on 'My Bookings' at the left of the page.
- Navigate to your booking on the calendar.
- Click on the booking.
- Click ‘cancel booking’ on the pop-up box.
- We'll send you an email confirming the cancellation.
Student room bookings
Students can make a booking request through the student room booking online form
If Resource Booker is offline
If you are unable to access Resource Booker, such as during the summer, please contact:
- +44 (0)1382 384939 / 385754 / 384886
Please remember to include the following details:
- Your name and who (if anyone else) you are making the booking for.
- The date(s) which you need the room.
- The time you would like the booking to start (bookings will start on the hour unless you provide a specific reason).
- How long you need the room. Bookings should finish at no later in the hour than five minutes to the hour, to allow change-over time for the next incoming class.
- Size of room needed.
- Preference for the style of the room.
- Type and name of the event that is being held.
- Need for any equipment over and above that generally provided (see Audio/IT overview).
- For IT suite bookings: confirmation (if appropriate) that the IT suite is required for an examination.
+44 (0)1382 384939