Level 1 entry
- Higher - Chemistry and another science subject (from Biology, Physics, or Mathematics).
- The other three Highers can be your own choice and this choice of subjects will not influence the assessment.
- Highers must be in one sitting.
- We also require biology at least to grade A at National 5 and mathematics and English at least to grade B at National 5, if not studied at Higher.
- Achievement at Standard Grade/National 5 will also be taken into account.
- Offers may be conditional, based on three Advanced Highers / 'crash' Highers taken in 6th year, at BBB grades.
- Candidates who have completed S6 and have not attained the 6th year entry requirements are unlikely to be considered.
- With the exception of final year students, who are seeking entry to our course via the graduate route, we are unable to consider applications from current undergraduate students. Where candidates indicate that they are undertaking a ‘gap year’ we may request additional information.
You need to have a satisfactory disclosure check before starting this course. Details will be sent if you are made an offer.
The application procedure for this course includes an interview. Read more about your interview
- All applicants must sit the UCAT test in their year of application
- unless certified exempt because there is no testing centre in their country
- There is no minimum cut-off score
- More information about the UCAT test and how and when to register for it can be found on the UCAT website
Medicine is a controlled subject and the number of places available each year is determined by the Scottish Funding Council. You can review our historic admission statistics for information on numbers of applicants vs those invited to interview, and historical UCAT scores.
Other English language qualifications
We also accept other English language qualifications. Choose from the list of English language tests for your country below.