Dr Yu-Fu Chen
University of Dundee School of Business, School of Business
Economic Studies, School of Business
On this page
+44 (0)1382 384383
Yu-Fu gained both a BS and an MS in Chemistry from the National Tsing Hua University in Taiwan, a PG Diploma in Economics from the University of Warwick, and both an MSc and a PhD in Economics from Birkbeck College, University of London. He is currently a Senior Lecturer in Economic Studies at the University of Dundee.
A key feature of my work is that it bridges different areas of economics as well as different disciplines. Currently, I am working in several areas:
- International Finance & exchange rates modelling with a focus on exchange rates policies by central banks and theoretical development of target zone models.
- Macroeconomics and Labour Economics, with a focus on firms’ dynamic consumption, investment and employment decisions under uncertainty and their impact on international competitiveness.
- Real options applications.
Areas of expertise
- Consumption and investment dynamic modelling
- Exchange rates modelling
- Labour markets institutions research
- Financial Economics
- Real Options applications
- Markets and Governance
- 2012-16: “Welfare, Wealth and Work for Europe” (http://www.foreurope.eu/), (with H. Molana (Dundee) and C. Montagna (Aberdeen)) – EU Cooperation Programme / Theme 8 / Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities (Call ID “FP7-SSH-2011-1”), total bid value € 8.5 million involving 33 institutions from 12 European Countries).
- BU41021 Macroeconomic Theory
- BU51021 Derivatives & Risk management
- Mathematics, Statistics and Econometrics (MSc Economics, University of Edinburgh, Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics (SGPE))
- Asset Pricing (MSc Economics, University of Edinburgh. SGPE)
- Corporate Finance (MSc Economics, University of Edinburgh. SGPE)