Medicine Office, School of Medicine
Lecturer (Teaching & Scholarship)
+44 (0)1382 383514
Sadiq is a graduate in Computer Technology and a senior member of AMIE (Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers). Before joining the University of Dundee, Sadiq worked in various commercial Industries in the field of IT where he gained over 15 years of experience in the design, development and management of various IT systems. However, after joining the University Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery (UDOTS) in 2002 Sadiq developed an interest in biomechanics and research, and his role has evolved and changed dramatically over the last decade. Sadiq completed an MSc by research in Musculoskeletal and Biomechanics in 2007 developing software to analyse X-rays.
Sadiq now teaches and supervises research projects for both undergraduate and postgraduate students and runs a sequence of lectures tailored to the requirements of each of the UDOTS programmes. He has been teaching on five different teaching programmes since 2011 and has acted as co-supervisor for research projects on all programmes during this period. In total, he has supervised over 90 students and published 12 articles in peer-reviewed international journals. Research projects he has supervised have also been presented at many international conferences as innovative research or as scientific posters either by Sadiq or the student. He also developed an e-learning environment for distance learning students for UDOTS open learning courses.
Sadiq has organised and run one- and two-day courses on 3D motion, Gait and Sports Biomechanical Analysis at various international conferences and a 3-day course in India. These short courses have been well recognised and have been highly acclaimed by attendees and faculty alike.
Sadiq has carried out many events in the department and outside to promote 3D motion and foot pressure lab and University as a whole:
- ESM (European Stability Mechanism) 2008
- CMAS (Clinical Movement Analysis Society) 2010
- IOACON (Indian Orthopaedic Association) 2018
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES) Student Conference 2019
- IASMCON (Indian Association of Sports Medicine) 2015
- 3D Motion Course in Pune during UDOTS 20th Anniversary of MCh (Orth) 2017
- 1-Day Gait Workshop (IOACON, Kolkata) 2019
- 2-Day 3D Motion Conference (EKA, Ahmedabad) 2019
- Half-day seminar 3D Motion (Medical Institute Vadodara) 2019
- 1-Day Workshop (IASMCON Goa) 2018