Lecturer in Youth And Community Work
Education and Society, School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
+44 (0)1382 381528
Lorraine Syme-Smith's career in education started in 1993, having previously been a systems programmer with a well known financial organisation. Her first education job was in the voluntary sector with a project supporting women to gain ICT and employability skills. She then moved to the college sector working at Edinburgh's Telford College, at first as a senior lecturer and latterly as
curriculum manager for Computing. She has also worked for the Open University as a programme tutor.
She joined the University in 2003 on secondment as a teaching fellow on the TQFE and combined this with also being on secondment at COLEG (College Open Learning Exchange Group). Since 2005 Lorraine has been a member of University staff.
Outside of work she enjoys textile crafts and running.
- BA Economics, Heriot Watt University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Systems Analysis and Design, Napier College,Edinburgh
- B.Sc (Hons) 1st Class. (Computing), Open University
- MA in Education, Open University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Professional Studies, University ofEdinburgh
- Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Education with TQFE, University of Stirling