Ahmed is Lecturer of Accounting and a member of staff within the Accounting & Finance discipline in the School of Business since 2018. He is currently the Research Integrity Lead.
After completing his undergraduate studies at Sohag University in Egypt, Ahmed graduated with a Master of Research (MRes) in Accounting and Finance from the University of Dundee School of Business. Thereafter Ahmed completed a PhD in Accounting from the University of Dundee. He has published in numerous peer-reviewed journals, Review of Quantitative Finance & Accounting, Accounting in Europe, International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies and Business Strategy and Development.
Areas of expertise
- Financial Reporting
- Corporate Internet Reporting
- IFRS in Developing Countries
- Corporate Governance
- Earnings Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Integrated Reporting
- Markets and Governance
Impact and Knowledge Exchange
- Winning the Emerald Literati Award in 2020 for my article “The Impact of Corporate Social and Environmental Performance on the Cost of Equity Capital. UK Evidence”.
- Winning the 2020 Emerald Literati Awards for Excellence as an “Outstanding Reviewer”.
- Winning the Emerald Literati Award in 2018 for my article “Is Egyptian Corporate Financial Reporting becoming more Conservative?”.
- Nominated for the award of Most Inspirational Teaching in the Student Led Teaching Awards (SLTA) 2019-2021.
- Short-listed in the Student Led Teaching Awards (SLTA), 2021.
BU32003 – Research Methods for Accounting and Finance (Module Leader)
BU41007 – Contemporary Issues in International Reporting (Module Leader)
BU51029 – Financial Statements and Analysis (Module Leader)
BU52015 – Research Methods
BU52004 – Contemporary Accounting Issues (Module Leader)