Peer Connections is a welcoming, buddying, and mentoring scheme to help students settle in to university life.
Peer Connectors are trained student volunteers who provide support and information to new students.
How Peer Connectors can help
Peer Connectors understand the feelings, issues, and practicalities of being a student and can:
- be someone to talk to
- be a friendly face to show you around
- answer your questions (important or trivial) - as best they can
- listen to any worries you may have, for example if you are feeling homesick, disorientated, or just a bit low - many people feel like this
- help you with most things, but guide you to the people who can give you further help if required.
- give you ideas to make university life easier and help to make the best of your time at the University of Dundee
- respect your privacy and maintain confidentiality
Peer Connections Socials
Peer Connections Socials are opportunities for students to meet, mix and socialise with other students. They are informal drop in events. The Peer Connectors will be on hand to answer questions and introduce you to other students. A great way to find friends.
Meet, Mix and Socialise
Meet, Mix and Socialise events run during Welcome for new students. Details of these can be found on Welcome events.
Student Support Advisor, Student Services
+44 (0)1382 384932