Stay at home, save lives | Coronavirus updates and guidance
Applied French 3: Language and Culture in Context
On this page
The Language Studies strand will continue to develop your knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Advanced grammar and language awareness
- Critical reading and analysis of short literary texts
- Listening, note taking, and contextualised summary (current affairs topics)
- Summary of English texts in target language
- Advanced oral presentation skills (cultural topics)
- Advanced skills of argument and debate in foreign language (current affairs topics)
The Cultural Studies strand will cover:
- Topic areas include the arts (literature, poetry, film, painting) and contemporary social, political and cultural issues (eg. immigration, xenophobia, non-traditional families, gender issues, etc.).
- Analysis and comparison of the vision of society presented through French-language films of the 20th and 21st Century, with particular regard to the representation of history and of the social, cultural and ethical issues surrounding migration.