Creating your Future: Innovation, Careers and Enterprise module (LW22021)
Prepare for the world after graduation and learn about career management and enterprise skills to increase your employability and stand out in the job market.
The module will help you develop the key employability skills required for success as a Law graduate.
You will take part in practical and interactive workshops to help you develop an entrepreneurial mindset and commercial awareness.
You will be provided with the skills to analyse various suitable career options. This will aid you in identifying the professional skills and behaviours needed to succeed as a graduate.
This module is taught by both the Careers Service and the Centre for Entrepreneurship.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- learn to write an effective CV and application form
- learn to answer interview questions, and confidently presenting yourself
- learning about enterprise, teamworking, research, group work, and presentation skills
- learn how to communicate with a broader pool of clients from micro, small, medium, and large enterprises
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- demonstrate high levels of commercial awareness and identify ways to develop it
Assignments / assessment
The assignments comprise the following:
- job study (25%).
- internship/graduate job application form or CV and cover letter (25%).
- preparation of a business model canvas (35%).
- presentation of the business model canvas (15%).
This module does not have a final exam.
Teaching methods / timetable
The module is taught using a combination of lectures, in-class activities, workshops, and independent study.
The lectures and in-class activities are designed to provide a framework to guide individual student efforts.
The workshops provide space to discuss the practical use of analytical and evaluation tools.
This module is available on following courses: