Geographical Information Systems (Advanced) module (GE42010)
On this page
- To provide an applied introduction to the central concepts and principles of GIS, and a range of key GIS functions and techniques.
- To provide a hands-on introduction to GIS software, focussed on the ArcGIS software suite.
- To develop guided practical experience of use of GIS software in geographical and environmental research.
- To introduce key GIS data types and sources.
- To signpost and showcase some recent developments in the related field of Geographic Information Science (GISci).