Financial Analysis & Simulation module (BU31011)
You will learn several crucial tools used by equity or fixed income analysts, portfolio managers, or a risk analysts.
You will learn how to check a company's financial health with numbers, e.g. ratios to understand if a company can pay its debts, or if it is reasonable to buy its shares.
You will gain insight on how data can help predict the future and learn lessons from the past.
You will learn how different career paths use different methods with company data to make strategic decisions.
This module will give you an insight to possible career options of equity analysts, portfolio managers, or risk analysts.
What you will learn
In this module, you will:
- be introduced to Bloomberg terminals, used by traders, bankers, and other financial professionals to view databases, find the relevant data, and use the appropriate financial tools to aid your decision making
- understand how to use the data to play with various scenarios such as finding a bargain amongst share options
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- understand what might happen with a company's inability to pay its debts
- discover how safe your investments may or may not be and the possibility of compensating losses in case of a stock market turmoil
Assignments / assessment
- Coursework (40%)
- Computer-based exam (60%)
Teaching methods / timetable
Each week expect to have lectures and tutorials, some weeks you will also have lab based sessions to develop your skills using Bloomberg terminals.
This module is available on following courses: