Set up external examiner accounts on My Dundee
Updated on 16 April 2020
External examiners will need to have access to your module in My Dundee. Learn how to add examiners to your Blackboard (Original) modules.
To set up your external examiner on your module:
- Check that your external examiner has a University of Dundee account. If your examiner does not have this (for example, JBloggs001@dundee.ac.uk), then you will first need to fill out an Associate Staff Request Form. Once they have an account, you can enrol them in your module.
- To enrol the external examiner, go to the relevant module in My Dundee.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the left-hand bar, go into the Users and Groups tab, and then go into Users
- Click on the Enrol User menu
- Select Find Users to Enrol
- Click Browse... beside the username box, and search for your external examiner
- Select the correct person and press Submit
- Change the role to External Examiner
- Leave all other settings as they are (Enrolment Availability set to Yes, and no date entered).
- Click Submit at the bottom right of the screen.
Your external examiner has now been added to your module.
Centre for Technology and Innovation in Learning