Request an Associate Staff account

Updated on 14 August 2023

If you are working in and at the University but are not employed by it, and require access to IT or Library facilities, you should request an Associate Staff account.

On this page

An Associate Staff request Form should be completed for those individuals who are heavily involved in working at and with the University, but who are not employed by it, and who require access to the University's IT network (including email) and Library facilities.

Examples are:

  • visiting academics
  • external examiners
  • externally funded researchers
  • NHS medical staff involved in University teaching

Other associations will of course be considered. Please contact your Senior People Partner for guidance if you are unsure.

Requests should be submitted by a current member of University of Dundee staff who holds a paid contract of employment (i.e. not Associate or Honorary) and who has a suitable level of authority. 

Once an individual has been recorded within the staff database, an electronic extract is taken, which will forward their details on to UoD IT. At the same time, the People Support team will contact the person's Sponsor, and give them further information as to how to obtain the person’s logon details and confirmation of their email address.

The People Support team will send a letter giving instruction on how to obtain a Staff ID card to the Sponsor, to be forwarded to the new Associate.

Associate Request form

In order to create an Associate Account, log in to OneUniversity and complete the Associate Request form available from the Forms tile on your homescreen.


People Support team

+44 (0)1382 386999

From People
Guide category Staff support