Request a Wordpress blog
Updated on 25 September 2023
Requesting blog hosting using the University Wordpress network that is not for learning and teaching
When requesting a Wordpress blog it's important that you provide as much detail as possible about your requirements. You should provide:
- your name, department, and email address
- the purpose of the blog
- the preferred name of the blog (avoid using generic names, for example 'my lab')
- the preferred URL of the blog (we can host blogs on sites.dundee.ac.uk/your-site-name or blog.dundee.ac.uk/your-site-name)
- the name of the person who will update and administer the blog
- if relevant, information about special features or functionality
- indication if the site is private or public
- the date you intend to launch the blog
Applications should be made via help4u and will be reviewed and assessed by Web Services against the criteria below.
The URL should comply with the University's URL policy.
Conference or events websites should not use dates in the URL as this makes it difficult to reuse.
Purpose of the site
The following types of site are permitted on the University's Wordpress network:
- research groups
- research projects
- blogs for University departments, teams, units, or services
- conference or events websites
- student blogs used for marketing purposes
Wordpress sites are not to be used for learning and teaching purposes. The Centre for Technology and Innovation in Learning (CTIL) can provide this service though their online learning environment.
Sites not allowed
The sites below are not allowed:
- Staff profiles or sites which promote the research activities of individual staff (the University's Discovery Research Portal should be used for this purpose).
- Sites used for learning and teaching purposes, the Centre for Technology and Innovation in Learning (CTIL) can provide this service though their online learning environment.
- Sites used for marketing courses or which replicate information found on course web pages such as fees, funding, entry requirements, course structure, or modules.