Library postal delivery service
Updated on 31 October 2023
The Library & Learning Centre's postal delivery service is available to students and academics for our standard loan books.
The Library's postal service is available under the following criteria:
- any standard loan books (that are not available electronically)
- you are either an undergraduate, postgraduate or academic staff
- you are based in the UK
Book via Library Search
In addition to click and collect at a library site, you can also choose the personal delivery:
- Place a request for a book via Library Search
- Choose the option for 'personal delivery'
- This will be sent to your home address
Make sure your home address is correct:
- student addresses can be updated via Evision
- staff can update their details in 1U
Standard loan items are subject to recall
We have extended the recall period from 7 days to 14 days and any amendments to the due date will be to your University of Dundee email address.
You can keep track of your loans and other transactions via My Library Account which can be accessed through Library Search.
Book return options
A free tracked return label will also be included in your package, so when it is time to return the item, you just need to visit your local post office.
Return your book at:
- Any library site
- return items on our self-service equipment. Make sure to bring your ID card with you.
- A book drop
- situated outside our Robertson Trust Medical Library (Level 8) in Ninewells Hospital Dundee
- A post office
- visit the free Royal Mail Tracked Returns Service website
- pick the University of Dundee as your retailer
- follow the instructions to create your freepost label. This can be printed or the QR code scanned at your local Post Office which will print the label for you. This service is for parcels originating in the UK only.
If you have any questions relating to this or any other library service, contact us using our chat service or email email@example.com.