Guide to Clearing
Clearing is the process universities use to fill any remaining course vacancies.
You can use Clearing to find a course if:
- you missed the UCAS deadline
- you no longer wish to go to your Firm choice
- on results day you find yourself without a university to go to
Monday 6 July 2020
You can use Clearing after finding out your grades on exam results day for your qualifications (A levels, Highers, IB).
Find your place at Dundee through Clearing
- Check the relevant vacancy page for you:
- Click or tap Apply now for the course you are interested in to start the Clearing application form
- If you would prefer to speak to someone you can phone +44(0)1382 386386
- You will need the following information to complete the application form:
- exam results or relevant qualifications
- English language qualification for international applicants
- Once you have completed the application form, click or tap Submit
If your application is successful you should receive an offer within one hour by email
If we have made you an offer
If you are not in UCAS already, we will ask you for some more information to set up your UCAS account.
You will need to log in to UCAS and complete the following tasks:
- Add your Clearing choice in UCAS Track
- Only add a Clearing choice once you have permission from us
- Click or tap Add Clearing choice, and fill in the course details by the date we give you
This counts as you definitely accepting the offer, so when we confirm, it will show as an acceptance on your Choices page in Track
For more information, visit the UCAS page on Clearing
Attend a Clearing offer holder online session
We will email you details of how to join once you have been made an offer.
Arrange your student finance
Tuition fees are specific to your fee status and course. Check gov.uk on undergraduate student finance.
Up to £5,000 in scholarships available.
You could be eligible for up to £5,000 per year of study through our Global Excellence Scholarship.
You may also be eligible for our Discover Dundee scholarship of £2,000.
Book your student accommodation
We guarantee accommodation for eligible students who comes to us through Clearing, as long as you apply before Monday 31 August 2020.
Once you receive an offer from us, we’ll email you with information about how to apply for our accommodation.
All of our rooms are en-suite with communal laundry facilities, superfast wifi, and utility bills included. Find out more on our accommodation pages.
Alternatively, if you think you’d prefer to stay off-campus or rent privately, then check out our Students’ Association (DUSA) who can help you find private accommodation.