Extending your visa checklist

Updated on 7 January 2021

A list of documents required to successfully complete a student visa

On this page
  • A completed and current Student visa online application form. An Immigration Health Surcharge application is part of your online Tier 4 application. You will be required to pay the Health Service surcharge of £475 per applicant per year.
  • Document checklist downloaded from your online application (includes UKVI & IHS reference number)
  • Your current passport
  • Your CAS number and statement. This will be emailed to you (It is your responsibility to check that the information in the CAS is accurate)
  • A bank statement to show required funds at closing balance (for a consecutive 28 days) dated within one month of Application. See below for funds you need to show. Earnings from a part-time job cannot be used as evidence of maintenance)
  • Evidence of previous study in the UK, if relevant (only if listed on your CAS)
  • Police registration certificate (if required, this will be stamped in your passport) with your current full postal address
  • Biometric Residence permit (if you have one) or your visa vignette in your passport
  • Your original qualification certificates used to assess your suitability for the course, if you are not extending to continue on your original course (only if listed on your CAS
  • Evidence of English language ability if required (only if listed on your CAS
  • You must have paid your tuition fees in full or show the balance in your bank account (for a consecutive 28 days) or provide a letter from an official financial sponsor (only a Government, University or international agency)
  • A fee of £494 payment is requested at the end of your online application form
  • Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) if required

If required:

  • Proof of living together if applying with dependent partner (council tax letter, a utility bill or joint bank statement)
  • Baby original birth certificate (if making first visa application for baby recently born in the UK)
  • Letter of consent from previous sponsor (if sponsored within the last 12 months)
Corporate information category Fees