We're always improving our facilities on campus to ensure that your studies benefit from all the latest technology. Our students definitely appreciate this as we're consistently ranked highly for student satisfaction.
How do you prefer to study? Our main library has study zones to suit all tastes, whether you want to work alone, in groups, in silence or with some background noise.
The main library also has long opening hours - it's open until 2:30am in semester time and 24 hours a day during exams, so if you prefer to burn the midnight oil then we've got you covered.
When you need to take a break, we have a cafe to keep you going and special laptop lockers where you can charge your laptop while it is being safely stored.
If you're studying Art & Design, Medicine or Nursing, we have specialist libraries in different locations:
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design Library
- Robertson Trust Library at Ninewells, which is open 24 hours
- Nursing Library at our Kirkcaldy Campus, Fife
Students of all subjects can use any library and stock can be requested online and transferred for pickup at your ‘home’ library. We also have an extensive collection of ebooks and online resources.
Find out more about the Library and Learning Centre
The library is awesome. It is a very good learning environment with the silent zone, quiet zone and group study areas, and there’s always a place to meet friends. It’s a very social and interactive space if you want that, but you can also be by yourself and really focus on your studies. The library itself has so many opportunities and facilities.
4th year Geography and International Relations student
A library fit for the 21st century student
The University of Dundee's IT facilities are extensive and well-distributed ensuring there is provision when and where you need it most.
- Applicants Account
- An applicant username and password which allows you to use University of Dundee email and My Dundee, our virtual learning environment, throughout your application process.
- Campus WiFi
- WiFi access throughout learning and teaching spaces and in all University accommodation. We are also increasing the wireless coverage to include outdoor areas such as the Campus Green. Our student residences network will allow streaming devices (e.g. Chromecast & Roku) and game consoles to connect to the internet.
- Free Microsoft software with the Microsoft Advantage & Dreamspark schemes.
- Additional Support
- Additional support for students with a disability software, equipment and training to ensure that IT is accessible and easy to use.
- Computer Resources
- More than 750 PCs on campus in library study zones, individual schools, and IT suites
- Cloud computing
- Unlimited cloud collaboration for students and staff