Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship 2019/20
Applications for this scholarship are now closed. Applications for 20/21 entry will be announced later in 2019.
Civil Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, Geography / Environmental Science, Mechanical Engineering
Level of Study
Mode of Study
Living costs, Tuition Fees
Country of domicile
Overseas: Country Overseas: Nigeria
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications (where available) to be referenced by applicants
- Awards for leadership and/or academic excellence (where available)
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil & gas industry and its expected impact on national development
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships to institutions under its UK, Germany and France strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in these countries commencing in the 2019/2020 academic session.
The full list of programmes which are covered by the University of Dundee are as follows:
- Data Engineering
- Renewable Energy and
- Environmental Modelling
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Oil & Gas Law and Policy
- International Oil and Gas
- Energy Oil and Gas Economics
- Energy Finance
- Petroleum Taxation and
- Managing in the Energy
- Energy Law and Policy
- LLM Mineral Law and Policy
- LLM Natural Resources Law and Policy
- Energy and the Environment
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, you must ensure you first meet the above eligibility criteria. You can then submit your application with supporting documents through PTDF’s website.
All communication will come directly from PTDF and the University of Dundee does not determine successful applicants.
For any enquiries linked directly to the scholarship or the application process, please email PTDF directly at email@example.com. For any University of Dundee specific enquiries you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.