The University of Dundee Humanitarian Scholarship 2019/20
This scholarship is now closed and we cannot accept late applications. This scholarship will re-open for the 20/21 Academic Year later in 2019
EU, Overseas, Rest of UK
Anatomy / Forensic Anthropology / Forensic and Medical Art, Architecture and Urban Planning, Archives and Record Management, Art and Design, Biological/Biomedical Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Business (Accountancy / Economics / Finance / International Business), Careers, Civil Engineering, Community Learning and Development, Computing, Dentistry, Education, Electronic Engineering, Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, English / Creative Writing / Film Studies, European Studies, Geography / Environmental Science, History, Languages, Law, Liberal Arts, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Philosophy, Physics, Politics and International Relations, Psychology, Social Work
1 year tuition fee up to £20,950, Monthly stipend and Living Costs
Level of Study
Mode of Study
1 year only
Living costs, Tuition Fees
Country of domicile
EU: Available for 27 countries. See all countries
Country EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
Overseas: Available for 169 countries. See all countries
Country Overseas: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo (Democratic Republic), Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Bahamas, The Gambia, The Occupied Palestinian Territories, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
If you are able to provide evidence to support your Refugee Status or Humanitarian Protection, then we would welcome an application from you for this scholarship. In addition to this, you will need to have applied for a place to study at the University of Dundee and have received an Academic Offer of Entry (whether conditional or unconditional).
- If you are currently in the UK, then you must hold the status afforded by the UK Government of 'humanitarian protection', hold full refugee status (granted by the UK Government), or have Discretionary leave to Remain on the basis of an asylum application. All of the above qualified statuses must have been granted from a date normally within 3 years from the start date of any Postgraduate programme for which you are applying. You will also need to have evidence of (where applicable) English language proficiency (IELTS or otherwise).
- If you are overseas, then you must provide evidence on Humanitarian protection, citizenship and proof of residence. You will also need to have evidence of (where applicable) English language proficiency (IELTS or otherwise).
This year, we are offering 8* applicants the opportunity to study at the University of Dundee through our Humanitarian Scholarship. The Scholarship is available to 1 year postgraduate taught programmes and can be in any of our Schools.
*A proportion of these scholarships will be offered to applicants in conjunction with the British Council’s HESPAL Scheme, one of which will for doctoral candidates from Palestine. Doctoral candidates can apply via the Palestinian HESPAL Scheme.
The Scholarship will provide the following:
- Up to £20,950 as funding for your tuition fees, which will be reduced from the balance due to the University. You can find out the fees on the course pages, and the fee displayed for your fee status is the amount we will award. However if your course fee is higher than £20,950, you may be required to fund any additional costs.
- A minimum of £9,135 per year for living costs, which is paid into to your UK/British Bank Account on a monthly basis.
- Provision of University Accommodation (single person accommodation only) for one year. If you are travelling with your family we can support you to secure adequate private accommodation and will arrange for funding to be provided directly to the landlord. This is in addition to the living costs noted above, and the amount will be the equivalent to the cost of one single person University Accommodation.
Key Facts Document and Terms & Conditions
How to Apply
Applications for this scholarship are now closed and we cannot accept late applications. Applications for the 20/21 Academic Year will open at the end of 2019.
For pre application enquiries, please send an email to email@example.com, quoting Humanitarian Scholarship in the subject line.
For post scholarship application enquiries, you will be notified in your application email who to contact in case of any enquiries. Further to submitting your application, we will communicate our decision with you by the end of June 2019. We will notify you either way if you have been successful or unsuccessful.
We cannot accept any scholarship application forms:
- Via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Without supporting documentation
- If you are already a student at the University of Dundee.