February 2018 - The published information is for our 2018/19 intake.
Anatomy / Forensic Anthropology / Forensic and Medical Art, Architecture and Urban Planning, Archives and Record Management, Art and Design, Biological/Biomedical Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Business (Accountancy / Economics / Finance / International Business), Careers, Civil Engineering, Community Learning and Development, Computing, Dentistry, Education, Electronic Engineering, Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, English / Creative Writing / Film Studies, European Studies, Geography / Environmental Science, History, Languages, Law, Liberal Arts, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Philosophy, Physics, Politics and International Relations, Pre-sessional English courses, Psychology, Social Work
Up to £29,450
Level of Study
Mode of Study
Accommodation, Living costs, Tuition Fees
Country of domicile
EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
Overseas: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo (Democratic Republic), Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Bahamas, The Gambia, The Occupied Palestinian Territories, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
The Humanitarian Scholarship is available to applicants who can evidence their Refugee Status or Humanitarian Protection.
- If you are currently in the UK, then you must hold the status afforded by the UK Government of 'humanitarian protection', hold full refugee status (granted by the UK Government), or have Discretionary leave to Remain on the basis of an asylum application. All of the above qualified statuses must have been granted from a date normally within 3 years from the start date of any Postgraduate programme for which you are applying. You will also need to have evidence of (where applicable) English language proficiency (IELTS or otherwise).
- If you are overseas, then you must provide evidence on Humanitarian protection, citizenship and proof of residence. You will also need to have evidence of (where applicable) English language proficiency (IELTS or otherwise).
One Year taught postgraduate
The University of Dundee offers a maximum of 8 scholarships to applicants studying a one year taught post graduate programme.
A proportion of these scholarships will be offered to applicants in conjunction with the British Council’s HESPAL Scheme, one of which will for doctoral candidates from Palestine. Doctoral candidates can apply via the Palestinian HESPAL Scheme.
The value of the scholarship is up to £29,450:
- up to £19,950 as funding for your tuition fees
- £9135 per year for living costs (this payment is on a monthly basis and must be paid into your British bank account)
- Provision of University accommodation (single person accommodation only). If you are travelling with your family we can support you to secure adequate private accommodation, for which funds will be provided direct to the landlord (equivalent to the cost of one single person university accommodation)
- If you have a doctoral candidate and have been awarded the scholarship, then the University of Dundee will provide a tuition fee waiver, and your accommodation and living costs will be funded by the British Council.
How to Apply
Once you have received an offer to study at the University of Dundee, we will assess the information and documentation you have submitted on your application to ensure this meets our eligibility criteria (as outlined above).
If you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship and have accepted your course offer, then we will send you information on how to apply for this scholarship, including the application form and where you should return your scholarship application. No scholarship applications will be considered without evidence.
Applications are then reviewed by our Scholarship Panel, where we reserve the right of discretion with regards to the disbursement of each Humanitarian Scholarship being offered. We will review each application on an individual basis.
For pre application enquiries, you can send an enquiry to our Enquiry Team at email@example.com, quoting Humanitarian Scholarship in the subject line.
For post scholarship application enquiries, you will be notified in your application email who to contact in case of any enquiries. Further to submitting your application, we will communicate our decision with you by the end of June 2018. We will notify you either way if you have been successful or unsuccessful.
We cannot accept any scholarship application forms via firstname.lastname@example.org