The University of Dundee's research output continues to go from strength to strength both in terms of income generated and in peer review recognition.
Much of our research is related to improving the quality of life in all its facets, from the obvious (medical research) to the less obvious (environmentally-friendly concrete or using legal models to resolve transnational disputes over water supplies).
All of this means a huge choice of potential PhD opportunities with supervision from experts in their fields.
Take a look at the research interest pages below, where you can find out more information about our research groups, the postgraduate research degree opportunities in these fields, along with the entry requirements and information on how to apply.
- Accounting and finance
- Anatomy and human identification
- Archives and records management
- Art, design and media theory
- Biomedical engineering
- Business management, and marketing
- Civil engineering
- Economic studies
- Education, social work, and community education
- Energy, petroleum and mineral law and policy
- English and creative writing
- Forensic science
- Gender studies
- Geography and environmental science