Postgraduate Loans (SAAS)
The Students Award Agency Scotland have announced the introduction of a universal student loan entitlement of £10,000 for all eligible one year full time taught postgraduate students for entry 2017/8.
The loan comprises of:
- Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loan – up to £5,500
- Postgraduate Living Cost Loan – up to £4,500 non-income assessed living cost loan
- Students studying an approved one year full time taught programme can study part/time over two years and apply for a tuition fee loan up to £2,750 per year
- There will no longer be a limit on the number of funded places available to Scottish domiciled students studying an eligible course in the rest of the UK. The current arrangements will still apply with funding offered as long as the course is not available in Scotland.
- Tuition fee loans will be provided for full time EU students undertaking a postgraduate course commencing in 2017/8
- There are no changes to the current loan repayment arrangements. Postgraduate loans will be added to a student’s existing undergraduate loan and repaid as a single loan balance.
Students will have to fund the difference between the tuition fee loan awarded and the actual cost of the course.
How to apply
Students can apply from April 2017 to SAAS, please see the SAAS website or you can contact SAAS on 0300 555 0505
Other useful scholarship links
Postgraduate Loan Student Loans Company (England) - The UK Government will provide a loan of up to £10,000 per student for postgraduate Master’s study. Find out more
Postgraduate courses which have places fully-funded by the Scottish Funding Council (SFC)
University of Dundee scholarships for UK/EU postgraduate applicants
University of Dundee scholarships for international applicants
Scholarships offered by external organisations