Are you a midwife who is no longer on the NMC register? Re-engage with your practice and reactivate your registration.
This is a unique opportunity to update your midwifery knowledge and practice. We provide local placements that are tailored to meet your specific requirements, on a full or part-time basis. You will be in a supportive environment that will build your confidence, enabling you to develop as a safe and effective practitioner.
You’ll focus on the four ‘pillars’ of the Code: prioritise people, practice effectively, preserve safety and promote professionalism and trust.
You will explore the influence of health and social care policy relevant to midwifery practice and reflect critically on your own performance strength and weaknesses.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
The University of Dundee has been given a Gold award – the highest possible rating – in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
How you will be taught
You’ll be encouraged to use our online study portal in order to develop independent learning skills.
- Scenario based teaching
- Clinical skills
How you will be assessed
- 40% Coursework
- 10% Online exams (medicine administration)
- 50% Continuous practice based assessment
- Communication skills
- Person centred care
- Compassionate care
- Working with service users and carers
- Reflective practice
- Research awareness and evidence based practice
- Digital literacy skills
- Learning, teaching and assessment in practice
- Professional development and career planning
- Medicine administration
- Health promotion
- Contemporary issues in midwifery practice
- Risk assessment: assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
- Quality improvement
- Anticipatory and emergency care
- Manual handling
- Infection control
Promote Professionalism and Trust
- Interprofessional practice
- The Code and professional accountability
- Health and social care policy, including structure and organisation of care
- Safeguarding and vulnerable groups
- Legal and professional issues, including revalidation.
The aim of this module is to prepare you to reactivate your midwifery registration, demonstrating up-to-date knowledge, skills and competence to be able to provide safe, effective and person centred care.
"I loved everything about studying at Dundee. The staff couldn't have been more amazing - everyone goes above and beyond to help you."
MSc Nursing Graduate
The fee for the module (course) is £1500
See NHS Education for Scotland web page for information about funding.
Complete the Return to practice application form to apply for this course. The closing date for May 2018 entry is 30 November 2017.