Prepare for senior roles and stand out from the crowd with this MSc qualification from the highly-ranked University of Dundee.
The MSc in Professional Accountancy is the first UK postgraduate master's qualification to combine masters level study with full professional body accreditation from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). The programme is fully accredited by the ACCA, a full member of the International Federation of Accountants, which operates in countries across the world. When you graduate from this course you can claim exemptions from ACCA Fundamental Papers: F1 to F9. This means that whatever country you’re from, your advanced standing in a professional education programme will be valued by businesses across the globe.
The course provides an international perspective on the study of the theory and practice of accounting, and enables students to graduate with a master’s degree in addition to the ACCA exemptions mentioned above.
All accountancy staff, including professors, are active as teachers and researchers. You’ll be working with a team who routinely push back the boundaries of knowledge in their subject area.
If you can't access YouTube in China then view the Professional Accountancy video on YouKu.
Internships in China
Enhance your employability with graduate internship opportunities.
There are two intakes each year - January and September. The course lasts for 12 months.
The course focuses on the technical and theoretical study of fundamental professional accounting subjects together with a professional project in the context of international accounting practice.
How you will be taught
Teaching will involve a mixture of lecture style-delivery, workshops, student presentations, student-led discussion sessions, computer laboratory-based sessions and guest speakers from the accountancy profession and practice.
The course approach encourages your active participation, supporting your independent life-long learning journey and developing your professional and generic skills.
How you will be assessed
Assessment of taught modules will be a mixture of examinations and coursework assignments.
Specifically, you will:
- explore conceptual and regulatory accounting frameworks involved in the preparation and interpretation of financial statements, compliant with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- consider techniques employed by financial managers when evaluating financial decisions and the business issues they face
- explore accounting information and specialised techniques in costing, planning, controlling, decision-making and performance measurement
- consider the administration of the tax system, tax payer’s compliance obligations, computation of tax liabilities and tax planning techniques. This will support your ability to provide advice to people and businesses on the impact of key tax considerations
- explore audit and assurance engagements in the context of professional regulation and ethical codes of practice and assess their impact on society
- Audit, Assurance and Professional Ethics (BU51003)
- Professional Financial Management (BU53001)
- Professional Financial Reporting Practice (BU52007)
- Professional Management Accounting (BU51004)
- Tax Compliance and Fiscal Studies (BU51005)
- Professional Accountancy Project (BU53002)
Supervised by staff, your project will include an extended literature review which may draw on company analysis, relevant academic literature, professional accountancy pronouncements, professional publications, the financial press and use of specialist software, as appropriate.
A majority of our graduates progress to successful careers as professionally-qualified accountants.
Successful completion of this degree course enables you to claim exemption from ACCA Fundamental Papers: F1 to F9. It means that on completion, you’ll be partly professionally qualified with ACCA and can work in the accountancy profession where you may choose to complete the ACCA professional qualification.
Alternatively, ACCA professional exams can be completed full time with education providers operating in many different countries across the world.
An honours degree at 2.1, or above, in accounting or a related discipline with significant accounting content will normally be required, though a consideration of relevant and advanced professional practical experience will also be considered.
English Language Requirement
English Language Programmes
We offer Pre-Sessional and Foundation Programme(s) throughout the year. These are designed to prepare you for university study in the UK when you have not yet met the language requirements for direct entry onto a degree programme.
The fees you pay will depend on your fee status. Your fee status is determined by us using the information you provide on your application.
|Fee status||Fees for students starting 2017/18|
|Scottish and EU students||£5,950 per year of study
See our scholarships for UK/EU applicants
|Rest of UK students||£5,950 per year of study
See our scholarships for UK/EU applicants
|Overseas students (non-EU)||£14,950 per year of study
See our scholarships for international applicants
You apply for this course via the UCAS Postgraduate (UKPASS) website which is free of charge. You can check the progress of your application online and you can also make multiple applications.
You'll need to upload relevant documents as part of your application. Please read the How to Apply page before you apply to find out about what you'll need.
|Apply Now||Professional Accountancy MSc||P044676|
+44 (0)1382 385147