Improve your employment prospects by combining with intensive career management learning with an existing work placement or internship.
The course offers an exceptional opportunity to boost your employability and is designed to help you to critically apply, consolidate and review knowledge, skills and practical experiences gained through a work-based learning experience to enhance your employability. Through completing this course you will:
The course is designed to help you to critically apply, consolidate and review knowledge, skills and practical experiences gained through a work-based learning experience to enhance your employability. Through completing this course you will:
- Better understand your own career options, theories and decision making processes.
- Articulate your transferable skills and reflect on areas for development.
- Develop advanced commercial and opportunity awareness.
- Improve your professionalism, communication, team work and presentation skills.
- Understand employer requirements.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
The University of Dundee has been given a Gold award – the highest possible rating – in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
How you will be taught
This programme builds on the learning achieved in an existing work placement or internship so is mostly self-directed on-line learning. Six face to face call-back days will be arranged to consolidate work place learning.
How you will be assessed
Assessment is by continual assessment through an on-line portfolio; there are no exams for this course.
What you will study
This module will enhance your self-awareness and knowledge of how to work with others. You will also start to set actions and goals to accomplish when in your placement or internship.
In this module you will develop key employability skills, gather evidence of your professional development and take steps to plan your next steps.
The global employment market has become increasingly competitive and more and more employers put a premium on previous work experience as a route to graduate roles. In a recent survey of graduate recruiters, The Graduate Market 2014 (HighFliers: 2014), half of the employers surveyed stated , “graduates who have had no previous work experience at all are unlikely to be successful during the selection process and have little or no chance of receiving a job offer for their organisations’ graduate courses.”
This programme helps you to get the most out of your existing placement or internship to help you showcase your skills and professional attributes.
All applicants should have, or expect to gain by the beginning of the programme:
- An organised Placement or Internship of 1 year (we will not source placement or internships for this programme, this must be done before applying to the programme)
- A minimum of an Ordinary Degree or equivalent from a recognised institution
- If your first language isn't English, then you need to demonstrate you have a good command of the English Language, with an IELTS score of 6.5 and above. Please check our Language Requirements page for details of equivalent grades from other test providers, and information about the University of Dundee English Language courses.
Applicants should note:
- Due to UK Government restrictions on the length of time international students can participate in work experience, this programme is NOT currently open to International Students Visa holders. As such, this programme is only open to international candidates who have a right to remain and work in the UK for the duration of the programme.
English Language Requirement
English Language Programmes
We offer Pre-Sessional and Foundation Programme(s) throughout the year. These are designed to prepare you for university study in the UK when you have not yet met the language requirements for direct entry onto a degree programme.
The fees you pay will depend on your fee status. Your fee status is determined by us using the information you provide on your application.
|Fee status||Fees for students starting 2018-19|
|Scottish and EU students||£1,500|
|Rest of UK students||£1,500|
|Overseas students (non-EU)||£1,500|
Use the personal statement section on the UKPASS application to detail your:
- Reasons for wishing to undertake the Programme
- What sector/company your placement or internship will be hosted in, start date and length of placement
With the application form, you need to upload the following:
- An up-to-date CV, which details the sector/role you interested in.
- A copy of certificates for all Higher Education.
- If you are an international candidate; a proof of your eligibility to work in the UK (e.g. copy or scan of your visa)
- If English is not your first language; certificates for English language tests/qualifications
Candidates who are successful at the application stage will be invited to a telephone interview with tutors.
You apply for this course via the UCAS Postgraduate website which is free of charge. You can check the progress of your application online and you can also make multiple applications.
You'll need to upload relevant documents as part of your application. Please read the how to apply page before you apply to find out about what you'll need.
|Apply now||Graduate Career and Professional Development Certificate GradCert||P052246|
Graduate Career and Professional Development Certificate Team
+44 (0)1382 484017