Structural Engineering and Concrete Materials MSc
Develop your engineering skills and knowledge using analytical and modelling techniques to meet modern civil engineering demands
Using analytical and modelling techniques you will develop your engineering skills and knowledge to meet the increasing demands of modern civil engineering.
You will develop your skills, knowledge and understanding in both structural engineering and concrete materials and see how the two areas relate to each other.
You will also study a variety of engineering and research topics including computational analysis of structures, concrete materials and environmental management.
Under the guidance of our academic staff, you will have the opportunity to undertake an industrially relevant research project. Recent project examples have looked at sustainable self-compacting concrete and dynamic analysis of cable-stayed bridges.
We also have excellent laboratory facilities, including our Concrete Technology Unit and the Scottish Marine and Renewables Test Centre for Concrete and Geotechnics, where we undertake research covering a range of subjects including:
- low carbon concrete technology
- structural resiliency under fatigue and cyclic loading
- cement science
- durability performance and novel repair technologies
- recovery, recycling and reuse of materials
- composites materials for constructions
- fabric energy storage systems
- concrete for onshore and offshore renewable energy
- effects of climate changes on materials and structures
Abhishek Sanglikar, MSc Structural Engineering & Concrete Materials graduate
Contact our applicant enquiry team