Teaching and assessment
for Advanced Social Work Studies MSc
You will learn through a variety of methods including:
- group discussions
- enquiry and action learning – collaborative research and problem solving
- group inquiry activities (including inter-professional collaboration)
- online materials - discussion boards, academic activities, core materials and signposts to literature
- independent study and research which is supported and guided by module leaders and personal tutors.
- option for work based project to situate learning and research
During the course, you will either research an area relevant to your current work or we can arrange for you to undertake research with a charity, local authority or similar organisation.
This course allows you to focus on critical contemporary themes relating to social work, community learning and education, which apply across context and culture.
Assessment methods will include a combination of:
- reflective and critical essays
- oral presentations
- research visualisations
- research reports
The course will require you to develop and apply research skills and methods to social work issues in order to produce a dissertation.
We're testing a new way of showing modules on the website
This list should give you a good idea of which modules you can take, however it may change before you begin your course, and may not show all available modules.
These modules are an essential part of your course.
You need to choose one or more of these modules as part of your course.
Contact our applicant enquiry team
+44 (0)1382 383838