Professor Peter Mossey
Dentistry, School of Dentistry
+44 (0)1382 381643
Plays a role within the Dental School and University of Dundee as a Dental Academic and clinical orthodontic consultant, with a broad portfolio in clinical treatment, teaching, research, mentorship, administration and sport. Also involved in both undergraduate & postgraduate educational, examination and scientific commitments beyond Dundee through Royal Colleges, external examinerships, grant reviewing, journal editorial duties and publishing research. Major involvement in research at local, national and international levels. EU multi-centre collaborations, NIH projects and the World Health Organisation (WHO) Collaborating Centre for Craniofacial Anomalies (CFA) means a significant international research remit.
- Associate Dean (Research)
- Dundee Dental School REF 2014 Lead for UoA3
- Director WHO Collaborating Centre.
- Honorary Consultant in Orthodontics.
- Clinical and Basic Sciences Teacher.
- Research Convenor for CLEFTSiS (Cleft Managed Clinical Network in Scotland).
- Member of WHO “Global Burden of Disease” Committee.
- Involvement in the IADR Global Oral Health Inequalities research network (GOHIRA)
- Examiner for Royal Colleges and other Universities.
- Reviewer for Grant Funding bodies.
- Section Editor for Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal.
- Peer reviewer for 10 international journals.
- Honorary Vice president for UoD Sport
Associate Dean for Internationalisation at University of Dundee School of Dentistry, and Director of WHO Collaborating Centre for Craniofacial Anomalies. Leader for the Craniofacial Anomalies theme in the WHO Global Burden of Disease (GBD) Birth Defects Initiative and through the WHO Collaborating Centre involved in the implementation of the recommendations of the 63rd World Health Assembly issued in May 2010. Appointed Honorary Secretary of the Craniofacial Anomalies Group of the IADR Global Oral Health Inequalities Research Network (GOHIRN) initiative August 2012. Established international collaborations and links with craniofacial units throughout the world, involvement in consensus meetings to establish WHO strategies and research projects on treatment, aetiology and prevention of cleft lip and palate, particularly in developing countries.
- Course Organiser, 3rd, 4th and 5th BDS Orthodontics.
- 2nd BDS Genetics Lectures and small group seminars.
- Lectures and small group teaching for 3rd, 4th and 5th BDS students in Clinical Orthodontics.
- Tutor on the Postgraduate SWOP Programme.
- Tutor in Royal College MFDS and MOrth courses.
- Royal College Examiner for Postgraduate students in MFDS and MOrth at home and overseas.
University of Dundee academics leading in fields as diverse as cleft palate research, contemporary art, infectious diseases and reproductive medicine have been elected Fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE).
Dundonians are being urged to show their teeth some love this Valentine’s Day for a special event hosted by the University of Dundee.