Dr Gautham Sivamurthy
Dentistry, School of Dentistry
+44 (0)1382 381607
Gautham completed his undergraduate (BDS) training in 2004 from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India. His interest in teaching and orthodontics led him to take up a post as a Tutor in Nitte University, Mangalore, India and during this time simultaneously completed the International Qualifying Examination to register as a dentist with the GDC and the MFDS examination at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 2007.
He went on to pursue a specialty training programme in orthodontics at Chennai, India and was awarded with a Master’s degree from Saveetha University in 2010. He moved to Penang, Malaysia to take up a post as a Lecturer and during this time he completed the MOrth diploma from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 2011 and joined the GDC orthodontic specialist list in 2012. More recently he completed the FFD (Orth) examination and was awarded with a Fellowship by Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland in 2014.
Along with his clinical lecturer role in Dundee, he completed is post CCST training in orthodontics and passed the ISFE Orthodontics fellowship examination from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 2018. He is presently locuming as a Honorary Consultant Orthodontist at Dundee Dental Hospital and continuing in his role as a Clinical Lecturer whilst pursuing a PhD in Orthodontics at Dundee Dental School.
- Evaluation of Frankfort Horizontal Plane and its deviations in cephalometrics.
- Atomic force microscopic assessment of surface characteristics on enamel after debonding: In-vitro study.
- Interview based survey on Dental Community’s awareness and management protocol towards functional dental problems of the disabled
- Stress distribution patterns at mini-implant site during orthodontic loading in different directions using three dimensional finite element method.
- Learning in Digital Environments: Pedagogical Implication for Undergraduate Teaching in Orthodontics
- Orthodontic archwire - Randomised Control Trial
- Fixed Twin Block - clinical scoping study
- Three Dimensional Analysis of Maxillofacial Growth in Patients with Cleft Lip and Palate
- Clinical and non-clinical teaching for BDS students in orthodontics
- Clinical and non-clinical teaching for MSc in Orthodontics programme delivered in Cairo
- Co-Lead Electives, Year 4 BDS
- Module 2-3 Transition Coordination, 4D Curriculum