Dr Gautham Sivamurthy
Dentistry, School of Dentistry
On this page
+44 (0)1382 381607
- Clinical Lecturer in Orthodontics at University of Dundee since 2015
- Honorary Consultant Orthodontist for Hospital Orthodontic/Orthognathic Service in NHS Tayside since 2020.
- Completed BDS in 2004 from Bangalore, India.
- Completed the International Qualifying Examination to register as a dentist with the GDC in 2007.
- Completed MFDS from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 2007.
- Complete Master’s degree in Orthodontics from Chennai, India in 2010.
- Completed the MOrth from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 2011. Registered on GDC’s orthodontic specialist list in 2012.
- Completed FFD (Orth) from Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland in 2014.
- Completed post CCST training in orthodontics and passed the ISFE Orthodontics fellowship examination from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 2018.
- Completed PG Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education in 2016. Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Examiner for MFDS for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- Examiner for IMOrth for Royal College of Surgeons of England and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- Clinical work involves the orthodontic management of dentofacial deformity, cleft lip & palate, hypodontia, impacted teeth, as well as the management of routine and severe malocclusions.
- Co-opted Member of Faculty of Dental Surgery Executive Board, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- Worked as a Tutor in Orthodontics in Mangalore, India (2005-2007).
- Worked as Lecturer in Orthodontics in Chennai, India (2010-2011)
- Worked as a Lecturer in Orthodontics (2011-2013) and Assistant Professor in Orthodontics (2013-2015) in Penang, Malaysia.
- Worked as Honorary Locum Consultant in Orthodontics in Dundee (2019-2020)
- Pursuing PhD in Orthodontics - Fixed Twin Block Randomised Clinical Trial – Funded by British Orthodontic Society Foundation
- Evaluation of Frankfort Horizontal Plane and its deviations in cephalometrics.
- Atomic force microscopic assessment of surface characteristics on enamel after debonding: In-vitro study.
- Interview based survey on Dental Community’s awareness and management protocol towards functional dental problems of the disabled
- Stress distribution patterns at mini-implant site during orthodontic loading in different directions using three-dimensional finite element method.
- Learning in Digital Environments: Pedagogical Implication for Undergraduate Teaching in Orthodontics
- Orthodontic archwire - Randomised Clinical Trial
- Three-Dimensional Analysis of Maxillofacial Growth in Patients with Cleft Lip and Palate
- Bite Turbo Randomised Clinical Trial
- Clinical and non-clinical teaching for BDS students in orthodontics
- Clinical Supervisor for Specialty Training Registrars and Postgraduate Students in Orthodontics
- Co-Lead Electives, Year 4 BDS