Electronic Records Management module (RM51005)
Knowing how to manage electronic records is imperative for all organizations to remain competitive and compliant in the digital age. With the exponential rise in volume and processing capacity required for electronic data, being able to strategically align and understand core principles to effectively manage electronic records is a vital skill for archives and records managers. Students will write analyses and develop their business writing style by compiling a series of reports targeted towards their organization’s director and senior management. Students will also develop a knowledge base to become integral stakeholders in driving their organization towards records automation.
The electronic records management module will discuss:
- Technical terms and concepts
- Academic studies and current events
- Business drivers and challenges
- Electronic document / records management systems (ED/RMS)
- Analysis of a student’s organizations’ own electronic records environment and recommendations for improvement